Advising your thesis
Students who want me to supervise their honors or MA thesis should approach me well before any looming deadlines with a 2-3 page proposal that outlines the following:
- the puzzle you are interested in
- some possible answers to this puzzle
- the literature you are interested in engaging with
- a tentative research design
Once I have had time to look over the materials, we can meet to discuss the project and whether I would be a good fit.
Letters of recommendation
I will write for you if I can write a strong letter of recommendation. This means that you must have done well in the course(s) you took with me. I also need to have at least 2 weeks of lead time, and you need to provide me with the following information:
- an up-to-date copy of your CV
- which class(es) you took with me and when, what your grade was, and what your main paper (if applicable) was about
- information about the program you’re applying to, including the letter deadline
- your application or cover letter for the program
- any other information that will help me write the letter.